Monday 8 November 2010

A Weekly Mixed Bag of Fixes

iPhone4 Drop Damage

This last week has been a mixed bag of fixes. I did an iPhone4 with a cracked screen. This was difficult since it had landed on the frame which had bent it. Really, it needed a new chassis but the customer wasn't too bothered so I did some careful bending to make it as good as possible. I also had an iPhone 3G which needed recasing, rescreening and the SIM tray was also damaged. I therefore had to solder a new SIM tray in which is always a bit of a challenge.

Finally, apart from the usual iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch smashed screens, I had a Nokia 8800 which was covered in WD40. This was very hard to mop up so I did my best to get it back to pristine condition. All it needs now is a new screen since you can see a pool of WD40 in the backlight. It took quite a time to get rid of that WD40 smell, I can tell you!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment